none
Microsoft Sql 2008 courses RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I'm working for this company for a few months now. They work a lot with microsoft sql 2008 and they are willing to pay for some curses for me to learn more about this product.

Currently there is no one, maintaining or doing changes to this databases at company. We always have to acquire a third party to do any change or update to the database. The same company who implemented the database for us.

Now I have to look up for some curses to follow in order for me to start doing all this job, maintaining, do changes and also implement, backup,  reports. A local training center are offering the following curses:

2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL

6231 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database

6232 Implementin a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database

6234 Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services

6235 Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services

6236 Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services

My question is, what would be the best way to follow for entry level student in order to get prepare to do this kind of tasks.

I know it take time and experience but, you need to start some where.

Your advice is appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Nico

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The latest training and certification will be based on SQL 2012. The daily tasks that you will need to do with SQL might be a good start to select a training. Implementing and Administering is usually good to start with and from there you can add extra things.

Also have a look at the certification available for SQL, that might also give some directions on where to start:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/sql-certification.aspx#fbid=nTemxTEp9eN

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:33 AM

All replies