none
Web Form message not sending RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following code in my web.config file using Visual Studio 2019 to send a message from our contact us page. It fails every time. Could you please advise where the error my be? I have also tried SmartTLS.

<mailSettings>

<smtp>
            <network host="smtp.office365.com" userName="Carrigtwohillhistory@outlook.com" password="****hill" port="587" enableSsl="true"/>
          </smtp>

</mailSettings>

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Carrigtwohill,

What mail server are you using? Are you using Office 365 or Exchange server? Do you have any problems sending emails from the client or web browser?If there is no problem, this issue is about using Visual Studio to edit web.config file to send a message, you could post your question in MSDN forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/categories/ 

In addition, I’ve noticed that you are using mailbox of outlook.com. If you have any issue with this mailbox, I recommend you to post your issue in the forum of Outlook.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=All&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 6:54 AM