When will it start? RRS feed

• Question

•  

After making an adcenter campaign, how long does it take to be activated ? On the campaigns page it says "Active", but it doesnt seem to be activated yet since stats are not changing and i dont see any new visitors on the advertised site. I'd appreciate a clear answer, thanks.

I just noticed that no matter what i do my keywords stay in the "inactive" state and they meet all the requirements of the editorial guidlines. Could someone explain whats going on please?

A. Quint

Saturday, September 8, 2007 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi A. Quint,

Our reporting data was delayed over the weekend due to a release on Friday night. Is this still happening for you?

Thanks!

Carolyn

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:43 PM
  • I have the same issues. All Keywords as still in an 'inactive' state, although the campaign is 'active'. So no activity ... no ads appearing Sad

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:59 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. I opened an account this morning and keywords and ads are all still "inactive". When can we expect the campaigns to start running??

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Hi everyone,

I checked further on this, and it looks like we have a system delay in ads going live. I will keep you posted here as to when we expect this to be resolved.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Any news on this Carolyn? I'm still waiting for my Campaigns to go live.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:23 PM
  • Just so you know - my keywords finally went active this morning. However, I've added a new keyword today and that is still in an inactive state -- seems it takes a loooong time for MS systems to generate data to live systems.

The impressions are also really low (in comparison with other market products); this is irrelevant to the value I place on cost per click, very odd. Maybe the engine just hasn't worked out it can take my money from me yet. More losses for Microsoft to the competing products on the market.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:28 PM
  • Hi everyone,

This delay is now resolved - please let me know if you are still seeing delays in your campaigns going live.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:08 PM
  • I have the same issue.  it shows 'active' on the campaign level, but not on the keyword level.  Could you please look into that?

Thanks,
    Dina
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:23 AM
  • Same issue here. Keywords and Ads show inactive after adding them into a new or existing campaign (for over 15 hours now) even though the campaign shows active. Unsuprisingly, ads are not showing.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:50 PM
  • As a followup to my previous posts - my ad keywords took about 3 days to become active, which going by this thread seems to be the norm.

Additionally, over a week later, 2 of my keywords suddenly changed to 'disapproved' (or whatever the term is for, we won't use it), which i thought was odd - and it was easier just to delete them than work out what was wrong with them.

This site is generally much slower than google's, all the reports seem to use SRS, which is a slow system for generating reports and the reports will only show you activity as recent as 'yesterday' - which is a big shame. Google reports show you everything, instantly -- I hope Microsoft will step up to the mark one day soon.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:53 PM
  • I have the same problem!
    Inactive,Inactive Inactive.

This wait is annoying.  I am constantly testing and tweaking my ads &  If it takes 1-3 days to test one creative, that will be a serious problem.

Many advertise like to advertise products & services that are time limited.  It seems using MSN to advertise time-limited products or services is not an option.

Friday, October 26, 2007 6:22 AM