Update recurring Workflow instances RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've a recurring workflow running in production. I've updated some logic in the workflow in development environment and import it into the production. I found that the instances of the workflow which is running for a while did not get updated, only the new instances of the workflow reflect the changes. How can I update all instances of the workflow which are currently running so that it will use the new logic. I can trigger the records to create a new instance of the workflow which will have the new logic, but interested to know if there any other way I can do that. Not sure if I restart the Async Service will help me here.

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:13 PM

All replies

• The problem is that each workflow instance uses the version of the workflow at the time of running it. You won't be able to update a running instance.

Your only option is to stop all the existing workflows, or leave them and know that the changes you made won't be applied until a new workflow is triggered.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Proposed as answer by MJFPalmer Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:20 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:44 AM