Will I be able to add more than one OneCare license to a Windows ID? RRS feed

• Question

• Because of the price and the maintainance features I recommend OneCare to my clients that either don't have a domain or don't have enough workstations to justify a network antivirus.

But, because Windows ID only allows one OneCare license to be registered at a time my clients are limited to only covering three computers with OneCare (I'm not going to ask them to sign up for multiple Windows ID's, that would be silly).

Is this going to be fixed in OneCare 2?

Thanks,

jsminch

Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:59 AM

Answers

• There has been discussion of One Care subscriptions covering more than three seats or allowing more than one subscription per Live ID. I don't know when or if this will happen but the One Care team is looking for a way to accomodate users who have more than three PCs.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:01 PM

All replies

• There has been discussion of One Care subscriptions covering more than three seats or allowing more than one subscription per Live ID. I don't know when or if this will happen but the One Care team is looking for a way to accomodate users who have more than three PCs.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:01 PM
  • Thanks JimR1,

Now that I think about it, we have more than three PC's just in my house (my wife has one, kids have one, I have a desktop and a laptop) and my wife might be getting a laptop soon and we might get a Vista Media Center computer.  We already exceed the allowed number of subsciptions.  I hope that the OneCare team takes people like us into account.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:55 PM
  • So are the Onecare people going to do anything about this?  I have three separate subscriptions (two home computers, four at my in-laws, and two at my parents' house) and would like to be able to have one renewal.  The four at my in-laws will have to be on two "circles" (if they ever get the 2.0 upgrade, that is)

Thursday, January 3, 2008 12:57 AM
  • During one of the beta chats, the team indicated that the ability to add licenses to a subscription, so that you could have more than 3 PCs on a subscription and, therefore, in a Circle, would be forthcoming. No further information has been announced as Jim noted. There are many people looking for this capability. It was already an issue before the Circle concept was introduced in 2.0, but it is even more of a desire to have additional licenses on a single subscription now that we have the ability to monitor the PCs in a Circle.

-steve

Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:29 AM