Router Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone. I was really hoping someone would be able to help me get WHS up and running correctly. I did a fresh install of WHS. I ran all the windows updates for it.  Once i get to the desktop the browser opens up with a warning message saying that i am logged into whs and many admin tools are available etc. I close that out click on the WHS console icon and start it. Next thing i did was add a couple of users. I then did a quick check of the shared folders and storage which all looks fine. Then the problems start. I scroll through the first 4 options of the settings menu which is also fine. When i click on remote access i turn on the web sites. then attempt to configure the router.  I click on the router setup tab which runs the setup and says that Verifying your router supports UPnp standards and passes. the configuring your router passes then verifying that your website is available on your home server fails. And i cant get past that point. Can someone please give a a bit of help. thanks in advance
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 1:16 AM

Answers

• OpteronBob said:

Hello everyone. I was really hoping someone would be able to help me get WHS up and running correctly. I did a fresh install of WHS. I ran all the windows updates for it.  Once i get to the desktop the browser opens up with a warning message saying that i am logged into whs and many admin tools are available etc.

FYI, take that warning to heart.  That is there for a reason.  (Frankly, you should install the Connector software on a client PC and run the Console from there.)

OpteronBob said:

I close that out click on the WHS console icon and start it. Next thing i did was add a couple of users. I then did a quick check of the shared folders and storage which all looks fine. Then the problems start. I scroll through the first 4 options of the settings menu which is also fine. When i click on remote access i turn on the web sites. then attempt to configure the router.  I click on the router setup tab which runs the setup and says that Verifying your router supports UPnp standards and passes. the configuring your router passes then verifying that your website is available on your home server fails. And i cant get past that point. Can someone please give a a bit of help. thanks in advance

Your ISP may be blocking one or more ports.  WHS uses ports 80, 443, and 4125.  Try going to Shields Up and do a custom port scan for those ports to see if your ISP is blocking them.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 1:32 AM