trouble installing Advanced Admin Consol add-inn on WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to install the Advanced Admin Consol add in on my HP MediaSmart EX485. The add-in does not show up in the available add-ins screen after I copied the msi file to the \software\add-ins\ shared folder. I checked the server log and see the following entry in the application log:

The installation of \\MDWHPSERVER\Software\Add-ins\WHSAdminInstaller.msi is not permitted due to an error in software restriction policy processing. The object cannot be trusted.
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:34 AM

All replies

• Might need to right-click, go under Properties, and hit Unblock
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:31 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion, prior to my post I found a similar reference and located this option.  I hit the Unblock options on the msi files properties.  When it still did not show up on the server Available add-ins page I checked the system logs again and the same message had generated a second time in the application log.  I reviewed the properties of the msi file again and the "unblock" option no longer is there.  Unfortunately leaving me in the same stop.

Ok I figured it out.  I needed to download to the desktop (not directly to the \software\add-ins\ shared folder), then access the msi file properties and click "unblock" on the desktop copy.

Then copy the file from the workstation desktop to the add-ins share on the server.  After I did that the server immediately recognized it as an available add-in I could install through the WHS console.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:57 PM