Dynamics CRM How to update OwningBusinessUnit field on contact entity RRS feed

• Question

• I know there was a bug in CRM product and microsoft fixed the issue about updating the OwningBusinessUnit field. Because of these bug we discover that it did affected some records around 1000 and wants to update that field.

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b31547c1-8279-4aab-9e2d-092a72d00d4d/why-does-the-owning-business-unit-change-when-i-update-the-owner-field-in-a-pre-create-event?forum=crm

Any idea how can we do fix that field?? i know it is system field and doesn't allow updating using plugins or workflow or scripts. Also since it is lookup field, we should not be updating using SQL statement.  I have tried few approaches as below:-

1)      Under SystemUser, there is a feature to reassign records which will reassign every records into system owned by that user, I tried that but it doesn’t work , may be because assign message only works if it is different user

2)      I tried to create workflow to reassign those records, but did not work , may be because assign message only works if it is different user

3)      I tried to create workflow and try to use that field, but that is system field and it is not selectable in workflow or forms.

Please let me know if i miss somthing or misunderstood system behaviour or there is an practicle approach to fix this problem. 

Thanks,

Nick

Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:59 PM