Customizing the Close Appointment Window RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a quick question, is there a way to customize the Close Window in CRM? For example, the close appointment window, is there a way where I could put a date field, so that users can specify the date when they close the appointment? I know the close date is automatically populated as the day the appointment is closed; I just want to find a way if users can specify the close date themselves.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

-Elizabeth K.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Customization of this window will involve playing with one of the aspx pages in Dynamics CRM and as such is unsupported. However, on your own risk, you may try to do it.

To find that file, login to you CRM server and navigate to the CRMWeb folder (either in C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM or in your c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder). Then go to "_grid\cmds" and open the file "dlg_deactivate.aspx".

You can add any field to the aspx page by editing this file. However, I don't think you will be able to overload the behavior of the "OK" button to take your date field into consideration when saving the window. Therefore, I would recommend creating a field and then use JavaScript to take the value from this field and update appropriate field in the "appointment" entity via web services invoked from JavaScript. You may find help how to invoke web services from JScript here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc150838.aspx.

Let me know whether this helps,

Kuba Skalbania

Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:53 PM