Need help getting my video card driver installed in WHS2011. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get my video driver to install in windows home server 2011.  I am using a nvidia GT210 PCIe, I also have a Rage 128 PCI and chalked it up as being too old.

Any ideas on getting this to work?  I also have an ATI 5670 and 4650

Thanks for any help

-=Mark=-

• Moved by kariya21Moderator Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:48 PM not a WHS v1 question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:11 AM

All replies

• I am trying to get my video driver to install in windows home server 2011.  I am using a nvidia GT210 PCIe, I also have a Rage 128 PCI and chalked it up as being too old.

Any ideas on getting this to work?  I also have an ATI 5670 and 4650

Thanks for any help

-=Mark=-

You need drivers for 2008 R2 (although, in a pinch Win7 x64 drivers might work as well).  However, since it's a server and is designed to be headless, you shouldn't have any need to use a standalone video card anyway.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:49 PM
  • I am trying to get my video driver to install in windows home server 2011. I am using a nvidia GT210 PCIe, I also have a Rage 128 PCI and chalked it up as being too old.

Mark, I'm using an old PCI card that's older than dirt. You only need to be able to "see" the monitor. Just plug in the card and if it works for installing WHS, you should be good to go because you only need it for the installation.

Nancy Ward
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:56 PM
  • I think Mark wants to watch/use WHS 2011 as a media player too.

My motherboard has a built in video, and i had to install of the older version to be able for it to work. Try go to www.amd.com and download the driver for Win7 64bit if that doesn't work, try XP 64. I forgot which one I used but it works. 
    Monday, May 9, 2011 11:51 PM
  • I'm not really sure what to use it for.  lol

I have several computers that I'd like to be able to share them all together.  I also have itunes and a lot of videos there as well.  I am also setting this up for my brother-in-law as well and he will have a similar setup.

I assume I'll need media streaming, but not sure about media player or media center.  I never used them in the past.  Backup  for all the computers.

I get full screen in my my client machine when log in as admin.  not sure how to setup backup on the client end.  Currently I'm serverless as I sold my computer so I can get a low-power i3-2100T 35W system.  I read it is almost as efficient as these atom and amd low power systems, but about 4 times as fast.  Not sure if I need the extra speed, but I need the lower power.  I was idling about 100+ watts on the old setup.

anyway, thanks for all the help, and I'll be back soon with more questions.

-=Mark=-

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:29 AM