none
Can't find server RRS feed

• Question

• Just installed WHS and now trying to install connector but main computer cannot find the server. Doesn't show up on network either.

I checked out my modem's settings and the WHS server (now called SERVER) was still identified under its previous name, so I rebooted the modem and now that device has disappeared completely from the modem's detection as well. I almost wonder whether it might be a OneCare issue (I had a hell of a time connecting my computer and Xbox 360 via Media Extender) but OneCare is set to network discovery, so in theory that should not be an issue.

Advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 10:19 AM

Answers

• Can you verify that your server has network connectivity? Any devices showing as disabled or not working in Device Manager on the server? WHS doesn't include every driver known to man, I'm afraid; if it doesn't recognize your network adapter you won't have any networking available.

If it has good network connectivity, try pinging it by IP address from another PC on the network.
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:21 PM

All replies

• Can you verify that your server has network connectivity? Any devices showing as disabled or not working in Device Manager on the server? WHS doesn't include every driver known to man, I'm afraid; if it doesn't recognize your network adapter you won't have any networking available.

If it has good network connectivity, try pinging it by IP address from another PC on the network.
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:21 PM
  • Bingo. That was it exactly. It was missing an Nvidia driver. I downloaded and installed and we're up. Thank you.
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 6:19 PM