Configuring CRM 2011 Outlook client failing RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to configure my CRM 2011 outlook 2010 client on Windows 7.  Keep getting the following error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.  The server might be unavailable.  Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." 

I have completely uninstalled the client numerous times, Windows Essentials 2011, rebooted, reinstalled the client with and without Windows Essentials 2011 installed.  Get the same result every time.  Server is running, accessible just fine from the web client.

Suggestions?

Chris Smith Empellor Marketing Systems, Inc.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 11:10 PM

Answers

• Take a look at the CRM installation log file.  You should be able to find it in the following directory: C:\Users\InstallingUser\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs  open the file named something like crm..setup.log

search the file for the word "error" to see if you can obtain additional information.  The issue you are experiencing could be a number of things and more information is need to assist.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:06 PM
  • We did.  The problem was with the credentials stored in the user accounts on the desktop.  If you go to Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage your credentials, the credential created for CRM did not have a password.  We populated the password, and problem solved.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi, Empellor.

Are you configuring across different domains? Because I am encountering a same problem across domains.

Best regards

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:06 AM

• Take a look at the CRM installation log file.  You should be able to find it in the following directory: C:\Users\InstallingUser\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs  open the file named something like crm..setup.log

search the file for the word "error" to see if you can obtain additional information.  The issue you are experiencing could be a number of things and more information is need to assist.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:06 PM
  • Did you follow the steps from the implementation guide?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9886AB96-3571-420F-83AD-246899482FB4

Also, I have found several instances where WCF communications between the client and the server are not working because the time/date/timezone settings are not accurate on either the client or the server.

Good luck!

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:12 PM
  • Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:22 PM
  • We did.  The problem was with the credentials stored in the user accounts on the desktop.  If you go to Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage your credentials, the credential created for CRM did not have a password.  We populated the password, and problem solved.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:38 PM