"Actual Time" not updating RRS feed

• Question

•  

The "Actual hours" inputted when completing a specific task is not updating the actual hours field within the tasks view in the project the task it located in. The tracking method we have configured to be used is "Actual Work Done & Work Remaining'.

Any help would be appreciative.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Trent,

two questions:

• Was the update submitted by the resource?
    • Was update approved by project manager?

And a third one if you look for it in PWA: Was project published after approval?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Trent,

two questions:

• Was the update submitted by the resource?
    • Was update approved by project manager?

And a third one if you look for it in PWA: Was project published after approval?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:15 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

The Update was submitted by the resource, and was approved by the manager. The Project lastly was published after approval. i did have this working at one stage but i feel like there is a step iam missing to get it to update. Any other idea's?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:23 AM
  • Hi Trent,

who published your project? Was it the project manager who had approved these updates?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:25 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Yes, the project manager did approve and publish these projects. I verified thisby inspecting the publish database.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:14 PM
  • Trent --

At this point, it would help all of us if you would tell us what version of Project Server you are using and your current level of cumulative updates and service packs applied.  What you describe was a problem in Project Server 2007 prior to SP1, but later resolved.  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Friday, November 5, 2010 12:36 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Sorry for the late response, I didn't have an alert on this thread. Details as requested below:

Microsoft Project Server 2010 V14.0.4763.1000.

All Prerequisites were installed by the wizard when installing Project Server 2010 as the same with SharePoint 2010 sinc this is a 2 Tier setup for Proof Of Concept purposes. 1 Server hosting Web & APP but the SQL Server is on another machine.

SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services Add-In V10.50.1600.1

Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 14.0.4763.1000

Office Web 2003 Web Components V12.0.6213.1000

SQL Server is on a seperate server running running SQL Server 2008 R2 (X64) V10.50.1600.1 housing all the SharePoint 2010 & Project Server Databases.

Reporting Services added to the PWA Instance is running on the same SQL Server as mentioned above in SharePoint Integrated Mode.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (X64). Virtual Machine has 12GB RAM & 4 CPU's attached along with SAN Storage. SQl Server has 8GB with 4 CPU's along with SAN Storage.

Updates Installed on the OS:

Description    HotFixID  
    -----------      --------    
    Update          KB974405          
    Hotfix            KB976127          
    Hotfix            KB976462

I hope this is what you are looking for. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:48 AM
  • Hi Trent,

sorry for my late response - I haven't received an alert.

Is this is an issue for some special task or does your PM see this behavoiur for all of his projects? I have seen that once before, when Hammock tasks had been used. If actual work was entered after task finish date, these actuals had automatically been moved into the planned period. Could this be the case?

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:52 PM