XP has been validated via phone... still get "Get validated" "you may be a victim" messages RRS feed

• Question

• I built a computer and installed an OEM XP Home OS on it.

Many years later I made some changes to my system (different video card, different ram, uninstalled many programs including Word and Office)

Windows started giving the "you may be a victim of"  unregistered, pirated or whatever software, and "get validated" messages.

I went through the validation process on the phone, and it was successful.

However, those two alert messages still show when I start Windows.  Can can I get them to stop appearing?

When I did the validation, I chose to register later.  Do I need to register in order for the messages to stop?

And, how do I register?

Thursday, September 2, 2010 11:33 PM

Answers

• "jonjan" wrote in message news:44adff4b-c0d2-4a20-9b28-712bf59d9bf0...

I built a computer and installed an OEM XP Home OS on it.

Many years later I made some changes to my system (different video card, different ram, uninstalled many programs including Word and Office)

Windows started giving the "you may be a victim of"  unregistered, pirated or whatever software, and "get validated" messages.

However, those two alert messages still show when I start Windows.  Can can I get them to stop appearing?

When I did the validation, I chose to register later.  Do I need to register in order for the messages to stop?

And, how do I register?

Validation and Activation are two separate processes - Activation is one over the internet, or over the phone, while validation is only done over the internet.
    Your computer is therefore Activated, but fails the validation process for some reason - To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:17 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:14 AM

All replies

• "jonjan" wrote in message news:44adff4b-c0d2-4a20-9b28-712bf59d9bf0...

I built a computer and installed an OEM XP Home OS on it.

And, how do I register?

Validation and Activation are two separate processes - Activation is one over the internet, or over the phone, while validation is only done over the internet.
    Your computer is therefore Activated, but fails the validation process for some reason - To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:17 PM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:14 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:17 PM