BusinessObjects reporting with Dynamics CRM 2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Customer has BusinessObjects for reporting.  Any tech articles, etc on using CRM 2011 data as a datasource for BusinessObjects reports?

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:31 PM

Answers

• I don't think that BusinessObjects is technically supported, and although not "technically" supported, if you were able to make a Windows Auth based SQL connection to only on the filtered views in the CRM database it should be alright.

The windows user used for the connection to the CRM filtered views would need to be an active user in CRM that has access to the required CRM data via the role-based privileges engine within the CRM application.

The reports would also not be able to be integrated into the CRM application directly unless through some other web application or silverlight application that can be exposed through a CRM web resource of Iframe.

The proper way to report against the CRM database is to use  SSRS (Sql Server Reporting Services) and BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) which comes with SQL Server against the filtered views for on-premise or using BIDS FetchXML extensions for CRM Online based reports.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:38 PM