WHS 2011 Reseal Question RRS feed

• Question

• Installing OEM WHS 2011 with Unattend but we need to actually go through the oobe once to create share folders and enable the dashboard in order to make some changes.  Is there a way to reseal oobe?  You could in other versions of Windows but in WHS 2011 it says you cannot run sysprep again because the computer has already been configured.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:54 AM

All replies

• You should contact Microsoft directly on this, through standard partner channels. I believe they have an equivalent to the Windows Home Server V1 OEM Preinstallation Kit for Vail, but I've never seen it.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:31 PM
  • Thanks yes I have the OEM Kit.  Its about 3 pages and everything else refers to Windows 7 OEM kit and the Windows 7 OEM kit reseal doesn't work.  Anyway I'll try calling them. 

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Drop me an email off-forum, please? Instructions are in my profile here.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:28 PM
  • You should contact Microsoft directly on this, through standard partner channels. I believe they have an equivalent to the Windows Home Server V1 OEM Preinstallation Kit for Vail, but I've never seen it.

You are right Ken.

There is an "OEM Preinstallation Kit" that contains documentation and tools for server deployment and system preparation. But I believe it is only available through the Microsoft OEM partner channels.

For more info see:
    Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and Windows Home Server 2011 OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK)

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Friday, August 19, 2011 10:48 PM