Is it possible to use custom fonts in SSRS reports, CRM 2011 online? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use custom fonts in reports in CRM 2011 online?

I have developed a number of custom ssrs reports for CRM 2011 and I would ideally like to use some none stardard fonts if possible

Thanks

Monday, February 6, 2012 1:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sure, but you will probably have to install the BIDS authoring extensions into BIDS (Business Intelligence Design Studio).  Then you can author the reports locally and upload them.  This will give you the full editing power of BIDS for SSRS development.  You might not be able to do what you want just by using the report wizard.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, February 6, 2012 3:11 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply, I use BIDS to develope my reports, so I do have the authoring extensions installed. However when I download new truetype fonts and use them in the reports they do not display correctly either in the browser or when the report is exported to PDF (once they are uploaded to CRM 2011 online)

do I need to do something special to get the fonts to work?

Monday, February 6, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi,

Does anyone have any more thoughts on this as I'm still struggling with it? 

I think custom fonts would really improve some of my reports.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:31 PM
  • In order for custom fonts to work, they have to be installed in your development environment and on the server in order to be rendered correctly.  Since you are using CRM 2011 Online, I don't think you will be able to utilize the custom fonts as they wouldn't be available/installed on the server side.  I found the following that talked about SSRS & Custom Fonts in general and based my response above on that article.

http://dotnetslackers.com/SQL/re-290629_Utilizing_Custom_Fonts_with_SQL_Reporting_Services_SSRS_and_Exporting_to_PDF.aspx

Jeremy

Jeremy Winchell
    Avtex
    Visit the Avtex Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:00 AM