none
Cannot build driver for Windows 2012 R2

Question

• I have  Windows server 2012 R2 installed with Visual studio 2013 update 4. I have driver written for my device for Windows 2012 but to make it work for windows 2012  R2 Configuration manager in VS2013 is not showing option Win2012R2 release.  While configuring Active Solution Configuration to build for Windows server 2012 R2 "New" or "Edit" drop down menu is not showing option Win2012R2 Debug and Win2012R2 Release options.

How to get Win 2012R2 Debug / Release options in menu?

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 1:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my understanding, the Win2012R2 Debug and Win2012R2 Release options are developed yourself but they did not display. If yes, please consult on Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development  forum to know how to display custom driver in VS. VS General Question forum mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 04, 2014 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my understanding, the Win2012R2 Debug and Win2012R2 Release options are developed yourself but they did not display. If yes, please consult on Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development  forum to know how to display custom driver in VS. VS General Question forum mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, December 04, 2014 7:15 AM
  • Hi Karkasyao,

If I misunderstood you, please feel free to come back.

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:15 AM