Getting Started Guide for WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Has there been an official "Getting Started" guide for WHS 2011 released yet?  I'm fine with it myself but I'm looking to Sell some boxes with this on and it'll help "others" And is there any idea when the official Microsoft website for home server will be updated for the new 2011 version?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:35 PM

All replies

• The only "Getting Started" guide that I've seen so far is in the Online Help for WHS 2011. Frankly, the quality of the pages that I've read thus far does not impress me at all. They are peppered with typos, bad grammar, and jargon.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:23 AM
  • you can also check out http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/5/C/45CD1DC6-9204-44DD-999B-24B50A9144B6/Getting_Started_Guide_for_Windows_Home_Server_2011.docx

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights.
    Michael Leworthy [MSFT]
    Senior Technical Product Manager
    Windows Server - SMB
    Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:49 PM
  • Thanks, Michael, but that document dates from January, and refers to pre-release software. Will there be a final version of that guide at some point?
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:21 PM
  • How about a list of any changes made from RC to RTM?  That would be nice to see as well.
    D.W.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Thanks, Michael, but that document dates from January, and refers to pre-release software. Will there be a final version of that guide at some point?

Yes, we should see the update published this month
    Michael Leworthy [MSFT]
    Windows Server - SMB
    Microsoft Corporation
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:12 AM
  • How about a list of any changes made from RC to RTM?  That would be nice to see as well.
    D.W.

I will ask the engineering team to put something together
    Michael Leworthy [MSFT]
    Windows Server - SMB
    Microsoft Corporation
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:12 AM