Extend default entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know, that it is possible to extend a CRM entity with additional attributes. Well, is it possible, that I show something like the following:

Contact.ParentId (=> reference(GUID) to a account) => account has a reference (GUID) to a partnerstatus => partnerstatus has of course a ID and a displayName.

I want to show the displayName of the partnerstatus in the contact.

Is this possible in CRM2016 online?

Thanks
    Christian

Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• You can use "Quick View" form to show account.partnerstatus  on Contact form.

There is one more option to use code at https://crm2011lookuppreview.codeplex.com/. In this case you just have to configure JS call and rest of the thing is take care of.

MaKeer

Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:38 PM
  • You can use javascript to achieve this. But not as a look up field. You can create a text field to show the display name of the parterstatus and using the script you can get the name and show it. Even a plugin will do. It depends on your requirement. If you want to get it on change of account then you have to go with javascript as plugins will not trigger on change of a field until you save the form. But if you do any data migration then the client side scripting will not trigger. There the plugin will be handy.

Sachith Chandrasiri

Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:44 PM