IE won't open links in new window RRS feed

• General discussion

• On a link on a website I have to right click and hit open in new tab or it won't open, any advice appreciated. Thanks!!

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:42 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:42 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:20 PM

All replies

• The forum you posted to is for the discussion of Microsoft Security Essentials beta.You can get help with Internet Explorer here - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:44 PM
  • Hello Everyone,

I have found the conflicting software that causes IE to "hang" temporarily and keeps additional windows from opening.

Here is the work-a-round I am currently using with great results.

1: Open Internet Explorer
    2: Click on the "Tools" menu
    3: Select "Manage Add-ons"
    4: Pull the scroll bar down until you see "Sun Microsystems"
    5: Highlight "Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper", then click "Disable"
    6: Click "Close"
    7: Exit/Close Internet Explorer, restart computer, launch Internet Explorer and you should be back to normal.

If you found this helpful, please help me send my 11 year old son to Washington D.C. this Spring. He has been selected to represent his charter school and needs to raise $2000 by Springtime to afford the trip. Any donation would be appreciated...even a dollar! Here is my PayPal address: Pro-Power@hughes.net     Thank you

Sunday, November 15, 2009 1:44 AM