Using multiple user accounts with windows Live Messenger mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Installed on mu Nokia E71 i have Windows Live Messenger mobile.It is only the Hotmail aspect that i want to use.My question is this:I have 2 Hotmail accounts...can i sign in to either of these through Windows Live Messenger?
     I know i can sign in to one of the e-mail accounts,as i do this often.However,when i attempt to sign in to the other account,the phones screen warns me that i may incurr loss of data if i switch accounts!What does this actually mean?
      If all it means is that i may lose all the e-mails from the previously signed in account,then that is fine,as i suspect that they will only disappear from the phone,not the web.I should find the said e-mails when i log back on to the previous account at my home computer...right?
      At home(on PC),myself and my friends can login to their account using my Windows Live Messenger.Is this also the case with the mobile Windows Live Messenger?IF so,what are the risks?

Thankyou in advance.

James Donnelly.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi James - Yes, it appears that this is only a client-side/device-side temporary experience when signed in. Your emails should be stored safely on the web servers therefore you should be able to go back and forth between accounts. Please test this out on a couple sample test emails on both accounts. I too have multiple accounts and haven't had any issues. But, feel free to come back and unmark this as answered if you have any issues or uncover any additional risks. Thanks for the detailed question. Yes, my understanding is the same case with Messenger is with Hotmail regarding web server-based storage of your emails and data.
    Thank you from the Microsoft Windows Mobile Team
    http://www.WindowsMobile.com/TotalAccess
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi James - good questions. We're investigating and will get back to you with more information.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Hi James - Yes, it appears that this is only a client-side/device-side temporary experience when signed in. Your emails should be stored safely on the web servers therefore you should be able to go back and forth between accounts. Please test this out on a couple sample test emails on both accounts. I too have multiple accounts and haven't had any issues. But, feel free to come back and unmark this as answered if you have any issues or uncover any additional risks. Thanks for the detailed question. Yes, my understanding is the same case with Messenger is with Hotmail regarding web server-based storage of your emails and data.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:05 AM