none
subscribe function removed in synctoy 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I used the subscribe function in 1.4 to sync "my documents" in my desktop with "my documents" on my memorystick. Since the stick cannot hold all documents, I only keep a subset of docs there. With one sync-pair, I copied all changed files from pc to usb stick using subscribe. I don't want all files from my pc to be copied to the usb stick.
    How can I copy only changed files - not new ones -  from pc to usb stick without "subscribe"? I can't think of a way.... I may have to uninstall 2.0 and put 1.4 back on....

(I have another folder-pair to copy new and updated files from usb stick to the pc using contribute)
    • Edited by Zondag Friday, May 29, 2009 12:32 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 8:03 AM

All replies

• With SyncToy v2 you can filter out files you don't want included in your sync-pair under "Change options". 

Once you sync all the files you want to the USB disk, only new files, or changed files will be synchronized on following sync sessions. 

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Maria del Mar Alvarez Rohena Microsoft Sync Framework
    Friday, May 29, 2009 10:16 PM
  • Hi Maria,

I could try that, however, I have 13966 files in 951 folders on my pc and 1699 files in 241 folders on my usb stick. I could exclude some folders, for I never use them on the usb stick. But I have some files from some (sub-)folders on my usb stick and many only on my pc. It would be a tremendous job to exclude all files that I don´t need on the usb stick.
    The workaround I found yesterday is to use contribute and preview, then unselect all files and manually select only the ´overwrite´ files, leaving the ´new´ files undisturbed. But ´subscribe´ did exactly that, and with no manual intervention en no margin for error (by me).
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:43 AM