Mesh Remote Desktop - unusable if remote PC has 2 monitors while local PC has just 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

the new capability to access both monitors on a remote PC if it has 2 monitors is certainly handy if local computer has also 2 monitors but on a one monitor setup like if you're connecting to your work PC from your laptop, remote desktop is quite unusable:

http://twitpic.com/2egz1

Can there be an option to disable multiple monitors on a remote PC please?

Thanks,
    Borek
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Not having multiple monitors on a PC that I remote to, I can't tell you what the steps would be, but I suspect that you can resolve it in the display settings when connected to the remote desktop. However, options set before connecting or at connecting when multiple monitors are detected sounds like a good idea. Please file a bug/suggestion:
    Sticky: How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:12 PM
  • Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:56 PM
  • Excellent. It makes sense. :-)
    -steve
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:37 PM
  • can we remote by use other user account ? for example i have 2 account on my pc, my pc connected to mesh, can i login by one user and remote with other user accout ?
    chip
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:18 AM
  • pham tuan said:

can we remote by use other user account ? for example i have 2 account on my pc, my pc connected to mesh, can i login by one user and remote with other user accout ?

chip

You can connect to the remote PC and sign in with another user account. The device needs to be in the ring that you are connecting from, however, be that the Live Desktop or another PC.
    -steve
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:17 PM