Map global option set from Account to Account Address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have a problem. I need to map a field which contains a global option set from Account entity  to Account Address. The problem is that Account and Account Address is a system mappinig and cannot be modified. 

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Friday, April 12, 2013 1:05 PM

Answers

• You might write some JavaScript to fire when the Address record is created to retrieve the value from the related Account and populate the field - or you could do this with a plugin or a custom workflow assembly. As you've noticed the mappings are not exposed through the UI and to further complicate things you aren't able to update or create an Address record through the standard workflow functionality. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, April 12, 2013 1:18 PM

All replies

• You might write some JavaScript to fire when the Address record is created to retrieve the value from the related Account and populate the field - or you could do this with a plugin or a custom workflow assembly. As you've noticed the mappings are not exposed through the UI and to further complicate things you aren't able to update or create an Address record through the standard workflow functionality. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, April 12, 2013 1:18 PM
  • Thank for your advice.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:55 PM