CRM 2011: Number of required server licenses if crm server and sql-server are installed on different machines? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1 or 2 ?

thanks in advance

Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:35 AM

Answers

• 1 license for CRM server +

1 license for SQL server =

2 Windows Server licenses

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, August 29, 2011 5:06 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:42 PM

All replies

• 1 license for CRM server +

1 license for SQL server =

2 Windows Server licenses

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, August 29, 2011 5:06 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:42 PM
  • To expand on this. You need:

2 Windows Server license - one for each server
    1 SQL Server license
    1 CRM Server license

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    Friday, August 26, 2011 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for your answers.

I´ve to add one thing: on the SQL-Server are also the Reporting Services with CRM Reporting Extensions component installed. This is maybe the normal constellation I think.

I ask this question because the CRM deployment manager tells me for that deployment that he need TWO CRM Server licenses.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:12 AM
  • I´ve to add one thing: on the SQL-Server are also the Reporting Services with CRM Reporting Extensions component installed. This is maybe the normal constellation I think.

I ask this question because the CRM deployment manager tells me for that deployment that he need TWO CRM Server licenses.

Tipically, if you have a two-server scenario, you would install SQL Server + Reporting services extensions on the first one and CRM server on the second one, in the following order :

Install SQL server

Install CRM (it requires an existing SQL instance)

Install RS Ext (it requires an existing CRM installation and a SQL instance)

then you can proceed with email router, clients, etc...

and you need ONE CRM Licence.

:)

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:31 AM