Default (Associated) View customization for main entity's detail's section? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Everyday strange requirements :)..

How can we change the default view of related entity (entity B) appearing on the left side (details section) of the main entity form (entity A).

I tried to change the Default Public View of entity B via Customization -> Customize Entities section, but the view of entity B from inside the main entity A is not taking effect.

I hope i would be succeeded in convey my problem. If not, I can provide some pictorial representation for the same.

Regards,

Ali

Paradise lies at the feet of thy mother. - Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)
    • Edited by Khadim Ali Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:40 PM heading correction
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, the view that appears after creating relationship is Associated view not default view. Second to fulfill you requirement is not easy without complex customization/development. But there is one easy workaround that you can do you can create a new tab in entity in Entity A and can show related view from entity B in iframe, and you can hide left navigation link.

Hope it will help.

Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    • Marked as answer by Khadim Ali Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Ohh, I misunderstood your question, just show your link now, that you can do easily by customizing Associated view.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:33 PM

All replies

• http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/alidotnet/?action=view&current=problem-crm.jpg

This is the snap for describing my problem. Complain Details is entity B which is accessed via Complain (entity A).

I want to customize this view for Complain Details.

Regards

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:21 PM
  • You need to change the Entity B Associated View.
    Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:24 PM
  • Hi,

First, the view that appears after creating relationship is Associated view not default view. Second to fulfill you requirement is not easy without complex customization/development. But there is one easy workaround that you can do you can create a new tab in entity in Entity A and can show related view from entity B in iframe, and you can hide left navigation link.

Hope it will help.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Ohh, I misunderstood your question, just show your link now, that you can do easily by customizing Associated view.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

Hope it will help.

Oh I see.

Thanks Mahendar!

Any details or link how can I show the related view in iframe. Do you mean a whole new asp.net page?

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:34 PM
  • Oh!

Mahendar!

It is achievable by customizing Associated View.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:39 PM
  • I think we both are editing the same post in same time :)

As your requirement is only to customize (Add/Remove column) from associated view, you can do it easily by customizing Associated view in entity B. so there is no need of any custom development. (By reading your first post,I thought you want to show another view instead of associated view in leftnavigation)

Also you can show associated view in iframes, check my post http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/show-associated-view-in-iframe-ms-crm-4-0/

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:40 PM
  • :)

Yeah.. Thank you very much.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:41 PM