Office Small Business Edition GAK not valid RRS feed

• Question

• I ordered and received Office Small Business Editin 2003 Genuine Advantage Kit - and it does allow me to use the product key, I get an "invalid number" error message and it stops me from loading...now, since I have gotten rid of all office products (AS I was told to do - uninstall all office before loading this) I am told it is invalid.  NOW WHAT?

Just to elaborate - this is what I was guided to do when my Small Business 2003 Office failed test. 

Monday, January 29, 2007 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Cullinane7,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic output.  This is very helpful and allows us to see exactly why you experienced the validation failure.  Here are the details of your output:

1) Windows XP Home Edition - This installation passed validation and is 'genuine'.
    2) Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition w/FrontPage - This is the Office version that is currently installed on the PC.  The product key used to install Office Professional is not genuine. 

The product key that was used to install Office XP Professional, is a volume license key (VLK) which are typically assigned to corporations who hold volume license agreements with Microsoft.  The VLK used to install Office on your PC, is one that the VLK owner requested to be blocked from use.  The key owner is a company in Redmond, Washington.

I see you mentioned in an earlier post that you purchased Office 2003 - Small Business Edition.  What you will need to do, is uninstall Office XP Professional w/FrontPage.  You can do this by doing the following:

1) Click the START button.
    2) Choose CONTROL PANEL.
    3) Choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
    4) Scroll through your installed programs list and find Office XP Professional.
    5) Click on it and choose the REMOVE option.

Once the Office XP suite has been uninstalled, you can use your Office 2003 - Small Business Edition media to install that Office suite.  You will want to use the product key that came with Office 2003 - Small Business Edition for this install.  Be careful, the letter 'B' can look like the number '8' and vice versa. 

Once you have installed the new Office 2003 suite, you can revalidate Office here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

The Office validation web site will let you know if your version successfully passed validation or not.  If you need further assisstance, please let us know!

Good luck,
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:27 PM

All replies

• Cullinane7:

Can you run the WGA Diagnostics tool http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 and provide its data? It'll help us determine the leftover bits that are non-genuine.

-phil

Monday, January 29, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GD6GR-K6DP3-4C8MT
    Windows Product Key Hash: s2kt66ZJWfV4nS1wFD5F9bxTSDw=
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: 75637a00-03fe-40e2-8378-9236d6fc27dc
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.540.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.18.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\licdll.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\dpcdll.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\crypt32.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\advapi32.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\setupapi.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\pidgen.dll
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\oembios.bin
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\oembios.dat
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\oembios.sig
    File Mismatch: c:\windows\system32\syssetup.dll

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>75637a00-03fe-40e2-8378-9236d6fc27dc</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-4C8MT</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1935655697-299502267-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 4600C              </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A04</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20030919000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>F7003EE701848053</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17814</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:54 PM
  • Hi Cullinane7,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic output.  This is very helpful and allows us to see exactly why you experienced the validation failure.  Here are the details of your output:

1) Windows XP Home Edition - This installation passed validation and is 'genuine'.
    2) Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition w/FrontPage - This is the Office version that is currently installed on the PC.  The product key used to install Office Professional is not genuine. 

The product key that was used to install Office XP Professional, is a volume license key (VLK) which are typically assigned to corporations who hold volume license agreements with Microsoft.  The VLK used to install Office on your PC, is one that the VLK owner requested to be blocked from use.  The key owner is a company in Redmond, Washington.

I see you mentioned in an earlier post that you purchased Office 2003 - Small Business Edition.  What you will need to do, is uninstall Office XP Professional w/FrontPage.  You can do this by doing the following:

1) Click the START button.
    2) Choose CONTROL PANEL.
    3) Choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
    4) Scroll through your installed programs list and find Office XP Professional.
    5) Click on it and choose the REMOVE option.

Once the Office XP suite has been uninstalled, you can use your Office 2003 - Small Business Edition media to install that Office suite.  You will want to use the product key that came with Office 2003 - Small Business Edition for this install.  Be careful, the letter 'B' can look like the number '8' and vice versa. 

Once you have installed the new Office 2003 suite, you can revalidate Office here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en

The Office validation web site will let you know if your version successfully passed validation or not.  If you need further assisstance, please let us know!

Good luck,
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:27 PM