what do you mean by longhorn RRS feed

• Question

•   can any one help me by explaining longhorn . where is it used. how is it different from windows vista...

your help will be appreciated......

thanks
    snoor
    • Moved by nobugz Friday, June 6, 2008 12:50 PM Not a C++ question
    Friday, June 6, 2008 11:17 AM

Answers

• snoor said:

can any one help me by explaining longhorn . where is it used. how is it different from windows vista...

thanks
    snoor

Vista and Longhorn are the same...

Microsoft keeps code names for the products that are in beta stage. So When Vista was being developed, MS code named it to Windows Longhorn since it was then in beta.
    When the final product was launched, it was named Windows Vista.

Hope this helps !!
    Always mark the post that helped you as "Answer". That helps future users to locate answers quickly.
    • Proposed as answer by Somnath Paul Friday, June 6, 2008 12:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yan-Fei Wei Monday, June 9, 2008 7:51 AM
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:05 PM

All replies

• can you please tell me how many characters we can enter from a windowsXP command prompt?
    what about Longhorn command prompt and SP4 command prompt? i just wanted to know the limitation for the number of characters we can enter from command prompt.

regards,
    snoor
    • Edited by sn15 Friday, June 6, 2008 11:26 AM urgent
    Friday, June 6, 2008 11:23 AM
  • snoor said:

can any one help me by explaining longhorn . where is it used. how is it different from windows vista...

thanks
    snoor

Vista and Longhorn are the same...

Microsoft keeps code names for the products that are in beta stage. So When Vista was being developed, MS code named it to Windows Longhorn since it was then in beta.
    When the final product was launched, it was named Windows Vista.

Hope this helps !!
    Always mark the post that helped you as "Answer". That helps future users to locate answers quickly.
    • Proposed as answer by Somnath Paul Friday, June 6, 2008 12:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yan-Fei Wei Monday, June 9, 2008 7:51 AM
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:05 PM
  • snoor said:

can you please tell me how many characters we can enter from a windowsXP command prompt?
    what about Longhorn command prompt and SP4 command prompt? i just wanted to know the limitation for the number of characters we can enter from command prompt.

regards,
    snoor

The maximum length of the string that you can use at the command prompt is 8191 characters in Windows XP.
    You can find a more detailed description here.

Hope this helps !!
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:09 PM