Search - why it doesn't display a date? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I believe I saw a very recent thread in T-SQL forum regarding FREETEXT changed behavior in SQL Server 2008. There is a similar question on another forum, so I tried to make a search on "FREETEXT CONTAINS" in the T-SQL forum. I got several results returned, but there is no date associated with them. How I'm supposed to figure out the thread I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:54 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring this to our team as feature request to our list. Actually, the search app that Forums uses is common throughout the MSDN site. Result sets coming from the search app not only return Forum threads but also other topics.

STO Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Naomi N Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:02 AM
    • Edited by Don Tan Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:55 PM

All replies

• You are right the date does not appear anywhere obvious and makes it hard to find the thread or threads required later.

madharry 
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:21 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring this to our team as feature request to our list. Actually, the search app that Forums uses is common throughout the MSDN site. Result sets coming from the search app not only return Forum threads but also other topics.

STO Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Naomi N Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:02 AM
    • Edited by Don Tan Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:55 PM
  • Thanks a lot, I hope you would be able to implement this suggestion where applicable.
    • Proposed as answer by Don Tan Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:49 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:02 AM