Reinstalling OCS 2007 AD error RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have a network where OCS 2007 was installed now am trying to do a new install but when i start the install it already says the AD part is partial.

i have been looking around to see what LCScmd commands i need to run to clean this up before i start but there is too much on the net about this

the OCS 2007 was unpreped but that is as far as they got when they uninstalled the software.

if you have any ideas please let me know

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi ashley,

can you explain more about the steps you take before? So you installed OCS and later on you uninstall OCS right? Is there a reason for doint that. Did you install OCS Standard or Enterprise Edition?

I'll hope you can give us more practical/technical information.

-Joachim Farla

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:36 PM
  •  

Hi

when you uninstalled did you start at you pool deactivate, server deactivate, domain unprep then forrest unprep?

if you didnt remove it like that you will get errors when reinstalling and it wont work.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/office/bb629431.aspx

if you use this link and download the cmd line ref guide (bottom of first list) it has the commands to manually remove everything for a clean start.

make sure you check the log files if you have any errors removing via cmd line

OCS 2007 locks its self very tightly to AD

spend a few hour make sure you get everything

Hope this helps

Jeff

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:28 AM