Network Health Notification message won't go away RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a message in the network health area that says I need to reconfigure the backup settings for a workstation that has had a new hard drive added. I have reconfigured many times and it is still there. I have to check the ignore box to keep the icon from turning red.

This occurred while running the last beta version before rtm (ctp?). I have installed the OEM version with the reinstall server option and the error carried over. It still will not go away even though I have ran through the configure wizard several times. I have it configured to back up the new drive and it does. I have opened the backups and they seem fine. I have not tried to restore them.

I did have an issue after the OEM install. The tombstones to some of the shared files were corrupt. I turned duplication off and  removed the second hard drive and then reinstalled the drive and let it balance storage and then turned duplication on. Everything seems to check out now with the toolkit add-in diagnostics.

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:41 PM

Answers

• May need to wipe out your backup history from the server.  Do a search here in the Forums for dealing with the 'corrupt backup database error'.  That should clear it up.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 5:11 PM

All replies

• May need to wipe out your backup history from the server.  Do a search here in the Forums for dealing with the 'corrupt backup database error'.  That should clear it up.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 5:11 PM
  • Also, try re-setting the Console. Call up the Console window, but don't click on the connect arrow, select the Options underneath the Password box and Reset.

Colin

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:23 PM