none
.xhdr file extensions

Question

• Good morning, I am running Windows 7 and I am experiencing some issues I did not when using Windows XP. When I output some files, it will add an extra extension to the file. The extension is .xhdr and usually we can just rename the file to the correct extension and it will work fine. It does not happen all the time and does not happen on all files we output. I work in CAD design and the files we are outputting are Gerber files if that helps. Our software vendor cannot find anything wrong with our scripts or their software and we like I said above we did not have this issue with XP and the CAM software.

I am wondering if the problem is in a setup variable, an older version of office, etc. I am stumped. I disabled out antivirus and anti-spam to see if that causes the issue, but I am still having this. I wanted to see if anyone else has come across any issues similar to what I am experiencing.

Thank you for any possible help or support.

Matt.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:07 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - General Discussions' forum is for any posts not covered under any of the other forums as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl