none
copy and paste and loss of data RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having numerous problems with the web page losing my posts.  While typing away the words "error on page" or just "error" pop up in the bottom left corner of IE.  When that happens, a submit just sits and looks at me and never submits.  A refresh loses the data.

It seems to be more prevalent when I scroll to a previous post and use ctl-C to copy then ctl-V to paste.  If you test this , select a long thread where you must scroll a page or three between the edit window and the post that you copy from.

~jag77 We need to know what a dragon is before we study its anatomy. (Bryan Kelly, 2010)

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• I like this one also, Michael.

:)

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Hello,

Yes there is a reason.  After installing Win 7 at home, it popped up with IE 9, I think.  I could not find my way around it at all.  The interace was dramatically different from IE 8.  I saw no advantages, and again, could not find the things I wanted.  They even moved the help and about buttons around so I could not find them without a dedicated search.  Quit hiding stuff!!!!!  Regardless, so I regressed.  Maybe 10 will be better. 

I am seeing problems with IE8 in other areas and started using Chrome some.  Again, because I did not like the IE 9 user interface.  I really want a minimum of options and doo-dads on my explorer.  I will look into IE 10.

At work I am on an Air Force system, running through their firewalls, and I have absolutely no control over the browser.  It is Windows 7 and IE 8.  That is where I am now.

~jag77 We need to know what a dragon is before we study its anatomy. (Bryan Kelly, 2010)

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:36 PM
  • They even moved the help and about buttons around so I could not find them without a dedicated search.

Help, About is still the same as it ever was:   Alt-H,A
    Friday, November 30, 2012 7:01 PM

•  There seem to be a lot of reported issues with IE8 in this forum.  It's not just this forum, though.  I think in general, Microsoft is shunning IE8.  Perhaps it's to induce XPers to upgrade, as there is no IE9 version for XP.  But I see you're running Win7.  Is there some reason you declined IE9 and reverted back to IE8, Jag?

Maybe you'll consider upgrading to IE10.  It has a nifty panning hand.

Not "shunning" as much as only supporting one version back.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:10 AM
    Owner
  • IE10 is not released to Manufacturers yet for Windows 7. It is automatically installed on Windows 8 computers.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:12 AM