Creating client *.SDF file RRS feed

• Question

• I hope that I didn't miss the post somewhere, and that this is becoming somewhat of a "new" topic, but I think one of the questions that needs an answer/article about it is for those of us who are developing wrapper-ware applications based on this stack (although I realize that sync services is not officially out yet), is there a method that can be called to create a new database "on the fly" without needing to have to worry about syncing?

I ask because I can only imagine the 1,000's of calls when a current customer wants to install the disconnected software for a new user, that they are going to be concerned about the idea of taking an existing *.SDF file and dumping a few tables, and then try to get the new sdf working for a new user... not a good deployment scenario.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:46 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:50 PM

Answers

• I believe I must have missed something.  It's just been difficult trying to pick a lot of this up, since I'm trying to use the sync services for ADO.Net in conjunction with an OR/M suite, to keep development time to a minimal.  I hadn't realized that the sync services would create a client database "on the fly" like it does if it cannot find one to use... I thought that there would be some sort of "call" to create that.

Anyway, I have the database "auto-generating" which is pretty good.  I'll create a post for the next question that I will be researching.. Hopefully, I find a solution that I can post.

--Richard

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:02 AM

All replies

• I believe I must have missed something.  It's just been difficult trying to pick a lot of this up, since I'm trying to use the sync services for ADO.Net in conjunction with an OR/M suite, to keep development time to a minimal.  I hadn't realized that the sync services would create a client database "on the fly" like it does if it cannot find one to use... I thought that there would be some sort of "call" to create that.

Anyway, I have the database "auto-generating" which is pretty good.  I'll create a post for the next question that I will be researching.. Hopefully, I find a solution that I can post.

--Richard

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:02 AM
  •  

yes, the client provider is default to create the client db if it does not exists.

thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:43 AM