Getting ready for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Fall ’13 RRS feed

• Question

• we are currently using MS CRM 2011 Online version. we have scheduled our Dynamics CRM Online Fall ’13 update.  We are Excited get outr hands on new version and also bit worried about the existing implementation after update.  It looks like this time Microsoft has taken huge leap from CRM 2011 to 2013. looks like different product altogether..

I'm listing out my queries regarding upcoming Orion version.. hope you guys help me out with that...

1. first of all, I would like to know what's going to happen to On-save/on-load javascripts since auto save triggers for every 30 seconds. we do have lot of validation scripts on save and on load. and also few plugins which trigger on update. Now I see that if we have any scripts on load the page switches to classic look. we might not promote switching to classic look for our user.

2. We have couple of custom button on ribbons, now the ribbon is renamed as command bar, can I have my custom buttons on this command bar ?!!  command bar looks amazing , but if they are not flexible as ribbon on CRM 2011 it won’t' server the purpose. I’ve seen a command bar workbench couldn't make it work with the current online trial version though.

3. Most of our users are outlook users they  are using CRM outlook client, to send and receive emails. CRM is configured with their outlook. Does CRM 2013 is still going to use CRM outlook client/Email router to send and receive emails ??! 

4. We customized the ribbon button to trigger a dialog. wondering what would happen to that, now the upcoming CRM don't support any pop-up's !! should we thinking of any alternatives

5.After the update, I believe our customization still be intact with the new form. what I’m interested to know is, will there be any default new fields added to leads or opportunities or any other system entities. which should be taken care immediately..

• Edited by Pradeep47 Friday, September 13, 2013 12:14 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 9:52 AM

Answers

• 1. Firstly you can turn autosave off if you desire. Also just think of autosave as the same as having a user clicking save multiple times themselves which I'm sure your script and plugins would currently support that scenario.

2. The Command bar should display all your custom ribbon buttons, though maybe not visible until clicking the ellipsis ... command button as it currently only shows 5 I think.

3. Outlook client is surely supported and available, the email router may be replaced by the Server Side Sync if your deployment supports one of the required configurations.

4. I haven't played with this in 2013 so not sure but would imagine it should still work if it was done using a "supported" mechanism in 2011.

5. After upgrade I think you end up with your existing form upgraded plus a 2013 specific form but you will be able to read the exact results of upgrade in the deployment/implementation guide when these docs are public. 

MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Dynamics XRM Tools CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM 2011 Metadata Browser
    CRM Forum Guidance

• Marked as answer by Pradeep47 Monday, September 16, 2013 12:44 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 11:48 AM

All replies

• 1. Firstly you can turn autosave off if you desire. Also just think of autosave as the same as having a user clicking save multiple times themselves which I'm sure your script and plugins would currently support that scenario.

2. The Command bar should display all your custom ribbon buttons, though maybe not visible until clicking the ellipsis ... command button as it currently only shows 5 I think.

3. Outlook client is surely supported and available, the email router may be replaced by the Server Side Sync if your deployment supports one of the required configurations.

4. I haven't played with this in 2013 so not sure but would imagine it should still work if it was done using a "supported" mechanism in 2011.

5. After upgrade I think you end up with your existing form upgraded plus a 2013 specific form but you will be able to read the exact results of upgrade in the deployment/implementation guide when these docs are public. 

MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Dynamics XRM Tools CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM 2011 Metadata Browser
    CRM Forum Guidance

• Marked as answer by Pradeep47 Monday, September 16, 2013 12:44 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 11:48 AM
  • Thanks..

I stil would to keep this thread open for more answers,

if any one has got a change to use beta version of CRM 2013 ?!! can you guys comment on my origianl post ?!!  

Monday, September 16, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

Free trial is now available here http://crm.dynamics.com/en-nz/trial-overview

Please feel free to contact me via any of the following methods:

• Proposed as answer by Roshan Mehta Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:19 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:19 PM