Thank you! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Yes, Thank you Microsoft... Thank you for selling my non-technical mother Windows Vista. Nothing could make me more happy than getting phone calls of my mother crying because she can't do something on the computer.

I will be flying out to their remote location within the week to remove Vista and install an older OS on their computer.

Personally I will buy a Mac before I ever install Vista. I think Vista is the best thing EVER for Linux, Mac... and your competitors. Good job guys!
    Monday, June 18, 2007 5:17 PM

All replies

• Babybumb,

Please research the particulars of installing XP on (presumably) a new computer that came with Vista.  Some major manufacturers have not released XP drivers for computers they are selling that only have the option of coming with Windows Vista.

The biggest problems that I have run across with Vista are:

1.  Hardware compatibility, in that people seem to think that every piece of hardware ever developed should work with Vista.  Vista's revamped driver model offers many times more stability than XP's, but the price is that some hardware will be left behind.  The fix is for users to ensure their hardware is compatible with Vista before buying Vista.

2.  Users who refuse to acknowldge that Vista is different from previous Windows OSs in how it tries to protect the system from user gaffes, such as using Computer Administrator-level user privileges to do routine daily tasks.

Monday, June 18, 2007 6:09 PM
  • Thanks for your comment.

I'll make sure that the hardware has compatible drivers for XP prior to installing.

Thanks!

babybumb

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:48 AM
  • Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:46 AM