none
SyncToyCmd slow when launched from Task Scheduler RRS feed

• Question

• I am syncing 21GB of data between my primary hard drive and a second hard drive on the same computer.

The computer is; AMD Phenom IIX4 965, 4 GB RAM Win7 64bit, two 500GB hard drives

If I use synctoy.exe or launch synctoycmd.exe in a cmd window, the process will complete in less than one minute.  If I launch synctoycmd in Task Scheduler, which I prefer to run it unattended, the process takes 20 to 50 minutes.

My command line is C:/Program Files/synctoy 2.1/synctoycmd.exe -R"Craig Backup"

I have disabled saving files to the Recycle Bin and I eliminated files from the process that don't copy like *.dat; *.log* etc

Any ideas on how to speed the process up when launching from Task Scheduler?  Or why this process should be any slower than manually launching the process in a command window?

Craig

Sunday, August 15, 2010 9:03 PM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the same behaviour.
    When I run Synctoy with the GUI it completes in seconds, whereas the commandline (triggered from task scheduler) takes a couple of minutes (even if there's only a few MB's of data to sync). It's almost like the task scheduler is waiting on something..
    Suggestions are more than welcome!

M. Streutker, Info Support | Blog
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:24 AM