Exception while creating Session RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to run the sample SOA program EchoService on Windows HPC 2008 R2 with one head node and 2 compute nodes. When it tries to create DurableSession it is giving me the exception with following message.

Please let me know if get any clues on the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TransportManager failed to listen on the supplied URI using the NetTcpPortSharing service: the service failed to listen. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
    System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: The TransportManager failed to listen on the supplied URI using the NetTcpPortSharing service: the service failed to listen.
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedConnectionListener.SharedListenerProxy.Register()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedConnectionListener.SharedListenerProxy.Open(Boolean isReconnecting)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedConnectionListener.StartListen(Boolean isReconnecting)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedTcpTransportManager.OnOpenInternal(Int32 queueId, Guid token)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedTcpTransportManager.OnOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionOrien...).

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:30 PM

Answers

• Can you take a look at the port sharing service (Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service) is running or not? If not, that might cause the problem.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:40 PM