Any Idea What This Will Cost? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm liking the Home Server Software so far, just curious if anyone has heard what it will cost after the Beta.  I don't want to make this my main data hub if this is gonna cost too much.  I'll just go ahead and build one based on XP for my needs.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't think MS has finalized pricing yet but I've seen the number $150 thrown around a fair amount as speculation on blogs.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:18 PM
  • $150?  That can't be for the consumer product with hardware, can it?  That must just be for the WHS software for a system builder?  If it turns out that is close to the actual price on WHS hardware, then these things are going to fly off the shelves.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:36 PM
  • I have seen news saying that the HP server with WHS could cost around 500$. But no price for WHS only...

http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196802015

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:56 PM
  • I guess I should have clarified, I already have the hardware since I'm up and running now, curious about the cost of the WHS software itself, no hardware.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:10 AM
  • My initial guess was 150 also, but I am leaning toward even less.  Granted this is only my guess and I have no real clue.  Just guessing from the info I have consumed and transfigured in my on strange head.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:33 AM