2011 Dynamics - how to search within an advanced find not the whole database - baffling RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone - my pc recently went to digital heaven.  Now I have an upgraded version of office but something is off and no one knows anything.  I chatted with MS Dynamics and they couldn't help.  We are using CRM 2011.  I am having difficulty searching in my personal views/advanced finds that I set-up.  Normally I would go into my personal view, then click on the search bar, type what I am looking, hit enter - boom results.  It used to only search within the advanced find and now it returns with results from the whole database &%^$&%$&^%$ ahhhh  This is very frustrating as I have to bucket my views as I have many territories to manage.  WHY oh why can't I search in my advance finds anymore?  Why even have them as views if it searches the whole thing......ahhhh hours wasted trying to figure out how to get it to work like before =(

My it folks are baffled.  I am upset and feel defeated.  I am hoping and praying for a solution.  Thank you, Tracy

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:58 PM

All replies

• Is the search from within the Outlook Client?

/Henrik

Resultater med Microsoft CRM

Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Yes, I work through Outlook.  Thank you, TP
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:44 PM
  • As a step of investigation, could you please connect to CRM from Web Browser and check whether the conditions you had in place for your personal views initially are still intact?

Maybe you are looking for a needle in the haystack, but the above step would definitely prove as a starting point towards panacea.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, April 22, 2016 5:36 AM
  • Hi Sam - 

I am able to connect online.  It's the same issue, I set-up a personal view via an Advanced Find and when I need to search within the personal view it will return all results from the database and I just want it to return with "only" items within the personal view.  My 2007 Outlook version was able to perform the task and now it does not work.  Thank you for your time.  T

Friday, April 22, 2016 3:17 PM
  •  I think you are experiencing a change in how searching in the CRM 2011 Outlook client behaved, please refer to my short note on this at http://fkbase.info/node/152

I suspect that when you rebuilt your PC, the latest update rollup was applied to CRM for Outlook which makes the searching behaviour work in the way that you have found.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:45 PM
  • Thank you everyone!  I figured out how to perform a search within an advanced find.  One must use the pull down on the far right entitled Filter, select the type of field to filter and enter the data - Boom - there it is.  The Filter button!!!  Thank you all for your insight and care.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 4:29 PM