FINDING AN IP ADDRESS RRS feed

• Question

• DEAR: SIR/MADAM

I ONCE CREATED MY OWN LAN AND USE TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS, NOW MY LAPTOP IS STOLEN, I DIDNT HAVE ANY TRACKING DEVICE OR SOFTWARE IN IT, SO MY QOUESTION IS THAT, SINCE I HAVE BEEN CONNECTING WITH OTHERS, IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND MY IP ADDRESS FROM THAT OTHER COMPUTER , SO THAT I CAN LOCATE MY LAPTOP

• Moved by Just Karl Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:16 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:17 AM

Answers

• If you are able to connect to the other computer , you can use ping to get ip of specific computer.

But don't you think the one who stole your laptop would change the IP also.. :P..

I dont think asking this question here would help you. Go to Police / Cyber Crime cell and submit a complaint and they will help you out.

Vishal Kumar Singh

• Proposed as answer by Vishal Kr Singh Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Vishal Kr Singh Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:12 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:32 AM

All replies

• If you are able to connect to the other computer , you can use ping to get ip of specific computer.

But don't you think the one who stole your laptop would change the IP also.. :P..

I dont think asking this question here would help you. Go to Police / Cyber Crime cell and submit a complaint and they will help you out.

Vishal Kumar Singh

• Proposed as answer by Vishal Kr Singh Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Vishal Kr Singh Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:12 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Hello,

This forum is for discussions and questions regarding profiles and Microsoft's recognition system on the MSDN and TechNet sites. It is not for products/technologies.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:16 PM