none
Visual Studio C++ iOS Include Resources RRS feed

• Question

• I've got some .bin files I need to embed into my app. However, when I rebuild and run after adding these files to my project, I am unable to get a URL to any of these resources (I'm using CFBundleCopyResourceURL). I can confirm the binaries aren't being included in the static library I'm creating by checking the size delta of the rebuilt library -- it doesn't change when including these files. Is this the right place to ask this? Thanks

Visual Studio 2017 C++ Cross Platform

Monday, April 2, 2018 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi wjj110,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Since this forum is discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.
    Based on your issue, it more related to the Function CFBundleCopyResourceURL. This is out of our support.

As suggestion, you can open a new thread on the https://developer.apple.com/support/.More community members and MVP on that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions.

If you have some VS IDE questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Thanks for your response. I can confirm it's not an issue with CFBundleCopyResourceURL. I'm able to use that method in the same context if I include the binaries in my .app project as opposed to my .a project (both C++). So the real problem here is that resources aren't being bundled when they are included as a part of a static .a library.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:52 PM
  • @wjj110, Thanks for you reply. Since that method is  a core foundation of apple develop, it is a third-party APIs, it is hard for us to make sure that whether it is related to this method(when you use this method, you could not bundled the resource when they are included as a part of a static .a library), the project itself or others. So we suggest that you can get the help from the https://developer.apple.com/support.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:17 AM