none
The new Achievement system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

what blog post will be counted? Only the blogs posted on Microsoft site or also the blogs on wordpress?

regards

Thomas

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    • Moved by Brent Serbus Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:56 AM rec question (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    • Moved by Tina_Tian Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:46 AM off topic (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    • Moved by Tina_Tian Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:47 AM profile (From:Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:16 PM

Answers

• Today, no blogs are counted towards the new recognition system. The MSDN and TechNet blogs will be added over the next month or so. Beyond that, we are still working on the plans.
    • Proposed as answer by EllieK Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peddy1st Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:53 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 9:04 PM

All replies

• Only Microsoft site blogs are counted, from what I can tell. Anything else e.g. WordPress blog posts, don't count toward the MS network achievement system. I've been wondering where that was actually stated.

If I find a link that references it specifically, I'll post it.

~~~~~~~ Ellie K ~~~~~~~
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:11 AM
  • Today, no blogs are counted towards the new recognition system. The MSDN and TechNet blogs will be added over the next month or so. Beyond that, we are still working on the plans.
    • Proposed as answer by EllieK Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peddy1st Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:53 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Thanks for the response. Bbut is it possiblie to create a login for the technet blogs? I wnat to start blogging on Microsoft blog and migrate from wordpress.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:06 PM
  • Will it be possible to count blogs on other sites also towards recognition? I have blogs on two sites (www.beyondrelational.com and www.lessthandot.com and I'd like to keep these blogs).

Also, I did update my profile (tried it a few times), but I didn't get any bronze points for that. I also rated a few items in the Gallery, but got just one bronze medal.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:41 AM
  • Today on Microsoft Employees are able to blog on the TechNet Blogs, so unfortunately no I can give you a login to start blogging.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:26 PM
  • At this point we are still investigating what off platform blogging recognition might look like. Stay tuned on that.

As to the bronze achievements. You need to update all aspects of your profile to receive that achievement. The Gallery related achievements beyond your first rating of a sample require on-going ratings to earn more. If you've got samples to contribute you'll also receive more achievements and begin to acrue recognition points.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:28 PM
  • What do you mean by Profile? When I press Edit Profile button from the My Profile, I have a very simple form with few entry boxes. I have everything filled there and I also have an avatar. So, I don't understand what else can I add to My Profile.

As for the code samples, what kind of the code samples they should be? Say, does this one

can be considered as a code sample

My blog
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:23 PM
  • We only went back through about 8 months of activities to give out the first set of achievements. So if you simply update all the fields, then you'll soon receive the achievement for profile completion :)

And sure, that code sample could be quite useful. I'm trying to find out where the best place to put SQL related scripts and samples but I'll let you know.

Friday, April 29, 2011 12:24 AM
  • I published it http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/4a854353-17dc-4ccd-ac86-cb91970407ac but I found that the description I entered disappeared and only the script remains. I'm not sure how to add the description back. 

My blog
    Friday, April 29, 2011 1:46 AM
  • Thanks for publishing it. I'm not 100% sure why the description went away. That said there is a discussion tab on the sample - you could start a discussion and add your description there.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Sean,

I was just wondering if you have any update in this?

I know that now the new recogintion system awards the activity on MSDN and TechNet blogs. Is there any plan to add other blog platforms to the count?

Thanks in advance,

Irina Turcu

Questo contenuto è distribuito “as is” e non implica alcuna responsabilità da parte di Microsoft. L'azienda offre questo servizio gratuitamente, allo scopo di aiutare gli utenti e farli aumentare la conoscenza sui prodotti e le tecnologie Microsoft.

LinkedIn

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:24 AM