none
Programmatically Censor Audio with a beep in a video file using libraries like ffmep etc RRS feed

• Question

• How to programmatically   censor audio with a beep in video like .mp4 file by using tools like ffmpeg or any other tool? Currently i am working in C# to achieve this.

Zubair Afridi | Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

• Edited by Zubair Afridi Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:19 AM
    • Moved by Fei Hu Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:15 AM Third party libraries related
    Monday, March 12, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Zubair,

Isn't it be more easier by doing using some audio editing software rather then using programming.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:50 AM
  • Currently we are performing some operations on video files in our application like redaction, video blur, audio mute etc which are all possible with ffmpeg library, that is why i want it grammatically to censor audio but not able to figure it out with ffmpeg

Zubair Afridi | Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hi Zubair,

ffmpeg library is a third party library, we cannot provide solution on third party product. You have to ask on their site or contact their support center about how use their product with .NET. Please look into below refereed link. Hope this will help you. 

FFmpeg forum

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:44 PM
  • Thank you Sabah Shariq, actually i was hoping for any other .net library if anyone can help me with where i can achieve the functionality.

By the way i came up with a solution, ffmpeg command is below if anyone else i looking for an answer here.

ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -f lavfi -i "sine=frequency=1000:duration=5"  -map 0:v -map 1:a output.mp4

Friday, March 16, 2018 12:30 PM