Intermittent failure - EndRequests was already called for this BrokerClient or the session's service job ended RRS feed

• Question

• Intermittently this error affects some HPC R2 SOA runs. I can't find any documentation anywhere describing this error message.

Is there a particular situation that causes this error message?

Thanks,

Derek

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:25 PM

Answers

• I'm no expert, but I would expect that either you already called EndRequests once with this client (you can't call EndRequests multiple times on the same BrokerClient) or the session has ended maybe from a timeout?
    • Marked as answer by Derek Kivi Friday, May 20, 2011 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:16 PM

All replies

• I'm no expert, but I would expect that either you already called EndRequests once with this client (you can't call EndRequests multiple times on the same BrokerClient) or the session has ended maybe from a timeout?
    • Marked as answer by Derek Kivi Friday, May 20, 2011 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's possible that the EndRequests was called multiple times based on our code.

We have just discovered a possible bug that might case the service job to end prematurely. I will keep an eye on whether that affects this error re-occurring.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:22 PM
  • We were in fact hitting the SessionIdleTimeout in this case, which caused the service job to shut down.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 3:19 PM
  • That could be the reason. By default, if you are using a non-shared session, the session idle time out is very short. You can specify a longer timeout either in SessionStartInfo, or in the service registration file.

Monday, May 23, 2011 10:37 AM