none
i bought a pc off someone and it saying it has a pirated copy of xp professional . what do i do? i spent allot for this computer $400.00 can u help me? RRS feed

• Question

•  What can we do to fix this problem? it worked at first then latter came up with message this is a pirated copy or a illegal copy.We got this computer for my 8yr old daughter and i don't want nothing that is not illegal or right.Would you buy a key code? or would i have to find a new copy of xp and lose all the information allready in her system? we are lost on how to fix it ,so we don't even let her use it in fear we could get in trouble or something.The computer runs very slow when it started saying this error and freezing up. did it do something to her system. We had no idea of this when we bought it. We just want her to be able to play learning games online and things of that nature is the purpose of this computer. IS their a cheap reason resolution to this problem. I cannot go in the store and buy xp i looked. Please help us on what we can do to make it right for her. Cannot afford another for her. cannot return it been to long.can it be a error in a program or something didn't come with no software.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Editor Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:04 PM Moved to relevant forum (From:Install, upgrade and activate)
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:09 PM

Answers

All replies