" Setup cannot be installed because there was a problem authentication you rMicrosoft Windows Installer. " RRS feed

• Question

• Hello :) I'm trying to uninstall NA out of my CPU and I'm always getting the error " Setup cannot be installed because there was a problem authentication you rMicrosoft Windows Installer. " When the window come .. i see a link (here he is: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2006091213530013?Open&src=_mi ) I click him and run the fixing tool in Windows Explorer, i get the error " Automated Task Failed.: Operating System Not Supported. " ok i click " What if this didn't work " on the link i posted there i get instructions to reinstall Microsoft Windows Installer, i fallow the steps and i end up with an error on the extracting ... and it says: Extraction failed The requested operation requires elevation. " then i cant get any more instruction with that link. Can someone please help me :D?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Karl,

If I understand correctly, you are having rMicrosoft Windows Installer problems when you attempt to uninstall "NA" (I don't know what NA is).

This forum is for the support of Vista Activation or Validation issues and your issue appears to be outside my area of knowledge. I recommend reposting your issue in one of the Vista Answers Forums http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista/

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please vote the post as Helpful. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:40 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:40 PM

All replies

• Hello Karl,

If I understand correctly, you are having rMicrosoft Windows Installer problems when you attempt to uninstall "NA" (I don't know what NA is).

This forum is for the support of Vista Activation or Validation issues and your issue appears to be outside my area of knowledge. I recommend reposting your issue in one of the Vista Answers Forums http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista/

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please vote the post as Helpful. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:40 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:40 PM
  • haha :'D yeahh NA is just shortcut of Norton Antivirus :P but i'll send my post there :P thanks anyways :)
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:54 PM
  • I had a feeling that's what it meant, but I didn't want to assume :-)

Darin MS
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:15 AM
  • aww you lucky bug :P:*
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:17 AM