Folder Sync issues RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed mesh on P3300 and had no problems with install or set up to sync folders (either existing on device or Mesh).

The folders set up correctly on live desktop and on P3300 but once the sync starts only a few of the files in the folder are synced??? repeated syncs has sometimes allowed one more file to sync but why don't they all sync?
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 6:09 PM

Answers

• We currently have some filtering conditions for files that may be preventing some files from synchronizing.

We have a 10MB maximum file size limit and any files bigger than that are not sync'd. Also, certain file extensions like PST are filtered out along with system and hidden files. At other times, a connection break during sync may also lead to a file syncing after a second attempt.

We would certainly like to investigate this behaviour though. Could you send us the logs as described in the procedure in this thread?

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:20 PM

All replies

• We currently have some filtering conditions for files that may be preventing some files from synchronizing.

We have a 10MB maximum file size limit and any files bigger than that are not sync'd. Also, certain file extensions like PST are filtered out along with system and hidden files. At other times, a connection break during sync may also lead to a file syncing after a second attempt.

We would certainly like to investigate this behaviour though. Could you send us the logs as described in the procedure in this thread?

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:20 PM
  • I've changed from syncing any files from PPC main memory to only sync files to / from storage card and works like a dream!

P3300 did have rather low memory remaining  so whilst i thought this might affect download of files from Mesh it may have had an effect on upload of new folders as well.

This is really working well now all files now synced.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:02 AM