OCS Protocol Stack - Event ID 14502 Category 1001 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I found a lot of errors from these type in the event log of our Acces Edge Server (all roles)

A significant number of connection failures have occurred with remote server federation.messenger.msn.com IP 65.54.227.249. There have been 60 failures in the last 39 minutes. There have been a total of 60 failures.
    The specific failure types and their counts are identified below.
    Instance count   - Failure Type
    60                 80072746

This can be due to credential issues , DNS , firewalls or proxies. The specific failure types above should identify the problem.

Public IM Connectivity is working well, without problems. (conversations, adding public contacts, view correct status)

Does anyone know what's the reason for that error?

Best Regards
    Rene Eckstein

Friday, August 31, 2007 11:59 AM

All replies

•  

Rene,

Don't know the reason but I have the sasme errors.  AOL and Yahoo PIC works fine but I get the same annoying messages from msn.

-Andrew

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:49 PM
  • I have the same error too, cant find the problem yet, i redid all my certificates, tried different configs. My Public IM is working fine...
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:29 PM
  •  

I've had this same issue with my OCS environment and our 05 LCS environment.  They were supposed to be upgrading the MSN Messenger infrastructure to correct this issue, but from what my sources tell me that is not complete yet.  My contact at Microsoft said these errors could be safely ignored....

Friday, September 28, 2007 5:44 PM
  • I have the same issue, but I haven't enabled federation.

IM between OCS clients outside my firewall and internal users is working fine but A/V conversations don't work. It looks like an authentication issue between my edge server and internal standard edition server. I'm not sure exactly what or where to start troubleshooting!

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:26 PM
  •  

have you ran the OCS best Practices Analyser might give you a clue. Can you give us some details of your setup including firewall rules

Thanks

Blackduke

Friday, December 14, 2007 2:28 AM
  • I couldn't get to the bottom of the issue so I opened a case with Microsoft Tech Support.

Turns out it was simply a case that the A/V Edge server port setting on the front end server was incorrect. Once the port number was set correctly everything worked perfectly!

Thanks,

C.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 9:34 AM
  • What port did you have set on the Front End?  443?  5062?

I just brought up my AV EDGE server and I am getting that error in my FE logs now.  This is in addition to an error on the client: External Calling is limited due to server connectivity problems.  Going back over the MS documentation to determine if 443 (port I am trying to use) is incorrrect.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:24 PM
  • I've put detailed instructions in this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2624559&SiteID=57

Hope it helps.

Charlie.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:49 PM
  • Hi guys,

I had the same issue, I put the solution in the follwoing post

http://remoteitservices.com/content/ocs-web-conferencing-edge-problem

Ayman Abu_qutriyah
    Monday, June 15, 2009 7:26 PM